I saw this idea on Photojojo for making your own wrapping paper from your photos just before christmas and knew I wanted to try it at some point! As it was my husband's birthday last week, I had the perfect excuse to give it a go. I used his baby photos for this - doesn't he look a little cutie? (and still does I may add...)
This is really simple to do in Photoshop.......
1) Simply open the image you want to use and go to >Edit >Define Pattern >
2) Name the pattern
3) Next, open a new blank file the size of the paper you will be printing on
4) Select the Paint Bucket Tool
5) Change to Pattern in the Option Bar and choose your picture
6) Click anywhere on the page with the paint bucket tool to apply.
7) Print on copy paper.....
And you'll get this.....
You can then trim the borders if you like so there are no white lines (this would look better, I didn't do this as the original photo was torn and therefore had a bit of white background anyway) If you need a bigger size than one sheet can give you, just stick them together with sellotape to make one big sheet.
Then just wrap and decorate as normal!
So simple, but I think it is a really nice personal touch to your parcels.
There are some other suggestions to personalise your wrapping paper on the Photojojo website so do pop over and check it out if you fancy giving this a go yourself!